Sunday, November 23, 2008

awwwwww...

So in church today we had a special thanksgiving kind of service where we had the opportunity to give thanks for whatever. Of course both CJ and MR wanted to raise their hands and get a microphone and of course I had to clear what they’d say cause either of those boys might break out into song with an open mic! So MR said he wanted to say he’s thankful for his family, which of course warmed my heart and made me teary (this boy never used to be thankful for anything and he’s really developed into a very caring boy). So I let them raise their hands, and guess what MR said?
I’m thankful God gave me a new family to live with. Is that not just profound and so sweet? Of course maybe only half the people there know his story, but the ones who did were crying. The people on the stage (the band, including some of his teachers and Dad) had a hard time holding it together to do the next song! I was just blown away. My sweet little MR!

2 comments:

Alyssa's Mom said...

Cherish those comments.

I'm glad you had some happy!

Perspective RAD said...

I'm really happy for you! That's awesome.. makes all the hard stuff worth it!