Friday, September 17, 2010

Niacin is still my very good friend

The Niacin trial is definitely going well for Em. No effect at all on Mr, I've given up on that. But for Em, she's confident, bolder, able to laugh at herself, sweet, borderline cuddly at times, and just more fun to be around. And I can tell in a second if she's forgotten to take it in the morning. Like today! They were all playing a board game and she wasn't doing well and got all pouty and cried! I said did you forget? She said yep.
I'm trying (it's hard) not to say "ah, you forgot your medicine" cause Dad is super worried they'll get that message ingrained: Take drugs to feel better. And with their background including lots of family drug use, and their very addictive tendencies, it's a risk I'm sure. So I'm not sure how to say that, but the minute I know she hasn't taken it, I want her to! Yeah, I need to chill and be all calm and present, but my head just screams FIX IT! FIX IT!
Ah, but the point is the Niacin is really helping. Let's focus on that shall we?

0 comments: